gAttach! allows you to easily attach files to new messages in Gmail or Google Apps Mail. All the features available in Windows that were once only available to your desktop mail-using friends are now available to all Gmail users. gAttach! is the sister product to yAttach!, which is for Yahoo! Mail.
With gAttach!, you can:
- send emails directly from:
- Windows Explorer
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Acrobat
- Windows Live Photo Gallery
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- .. and many more
- automatically attach files from your PC to a new email without manually uploading each file;
- choose to suppress the annoying standard text provided by Windows ("Your attachments are ready to send..");
- handle "mailto" email links in web pages.
gAttach! works in cooperation with Internet Explorer:
- If you're already logged into Gmail via Internet Explorer, gAttach! won't ask for any login details.
- If you're not logged in via Internet Explorer, gAttach! will show you a mini web browser to ask for your login details. gAttach! does not monitor or record your login details; it merely checks to see if you're already logged in and takes you to Google if you're not.
If you have any concerns, it is recommended that you log in to Gmail via Internet Explorer before attaching files. Make sure you choose the "Remember me on this computer" option. gAttach! will then never ask for your details.